"I will always be grateful"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Bladder and bowel management (continence) Guy's Hospital / Urology

I want to recommend Bromley Healthcare bladder and bowel service and can truly say the nurse I saw helped to save my life.

I had a routine PSA blood test to check my prostate as I am 56 years old. My GP said it was within normal limits and rectal exam was normal. Luckily a friend recommended the bladder and bowel nurses and I was seen in one of the clinics, as I felt the PSA had increased and wanted reassurance.

I saw a nurse who was extremely knowledgeable. I had a full assessment and examination. Following this I was referred to Guys and St Thomas urology. Further tests and biopsy diagnosed prostate cancer, so I had a radical prostatectomy within 4 weeks. I am now awaiting further treatment and am seeing the nurses from the bladder and bowel clinic commonly known as the B&B for ongoing advice and support.

I would certainly recommend the service and will always be grateful. Keep up the good work.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Integrated Care - Bromley ICN, Operations Directorate, Bromley Healthcare

Dear Andy

I am so pleased for you that our dedicated team were able to support you during this difficult time and who supported an early assessment at Guys and St Thomas'.

I hope that you are feeling better from your surgery.

I will pass on this lovely posting to the team who will be thrilled.

Amanda