"Eye Clinic visit waiting times"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Ophthalmology

The consultant care I have received has been of a high standard. Waiting times are too long (always over an hour) and frequently patients need to stand as there are not enough seats.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Eye Patient

Many thanks for your comments. While it is great to read you are happy with the high standard of consultant care you have received I am sorry you have had to wait each time and that there has been a shortage of seating in the clinic.

I have passed your feedback onto our Outpatients Services Manager and the Director of Information and Facilities so they can look into the issues you have raised.

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Eye Patient

We are very aware that the environment in the eye clinic is not what it needs to be and we are looking into how best to tackle this problem. The Trust has earmarked significant funds for the redevelopment of the outpatient facility but this won't commence until 2016. We are also looking at other options that will help, but these will also take a while before they are available.

As I hope you've noticed we have invested significant funds in developing East surrey in the recent past and we know that outpatients is one of our next big areas for improvement.