"Can't get through!"

About: Bristol Eye Hospital

My optician, having seen him, recommended to phone the casualty department of the eye hospital to describe my symptoms to ascertain whether I needed to go in........3 hours later I have still not been able to get through. Every number I tried, puts me through to a prerecorded message in casualty department....useless! I couldn't just go and sit in A&E for hours if there was no reason for me to be there......

Response from Bristol Eye Hospital

We are very sorry that you had problems contacting the Emergency Department at the Bristol Eye Hospital. We are not sure of the reason for this and have shared your experience with the management team, but for information the contact number is 0117 342 4613 (this line is open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and from 9am until 4pm Saturday and Sunday). It is difficult to assess eye conditions over the telephone, and as your optician felt sufficiently concerned to ask you to contact the Emergency Department, it is likely that we would have asked you to come in to the department. The Department itself is open between 8:30am and 5pm, seven days a week. For emergencies outside of these times, please contact your nearest Accident and Emergency Department. Thank you again for your feedback.