"Visitor from Nottingham - A & E"

About: Warrington Hospital

I was brought in by Ambulance at approximately 4.40 am On Sunday 1st February from a friends I was visiting on Runcorn Road. After calling 111 the ambulance arrived with-in 10 minutes and the Paramedic & colleague attended to me. They were brilliant & wished I had a chance to thank them before they had to leave. Saw the Triage nurse who said the had been busy with 3 cardiac arrests and she would pass on that I needed an inhaler but 'they just can't give out medication 'just because' which I thought was rude & unnecessary. I needed an inhaler as I was staying at friends who had cats which I am allergic to. I usually carry an inhaler with me, but for some reason didn't have one with me on this occasion. I waited 1 1/2 hrs before calling 111 in-case I improved, but I didn't. The Dr I Saw was calm & dealt with me efficiently & quickly & gave me an inhaler & antihistamines. The NHS is precious and I applaud all of those who work hard to provide this Important service. Thank -You all involved.

Response from Warrington Hospital

Thank you for the feedback Jinny - thanks for using 111 as well for advice before coming down to see us.