"Cardiology appointments - pacemaker"

About: Derriford Hospital

Cannot report on my care. Would that I could. Was due to be fitted with a pacemaker. After months of waiting, the date was fixed for 30 January, then 12 February, then back to 30 January. At 6.30 am on 30 January my bags were packed and I was waiting for my transport due at 7.00am. Received a phone call from Derriford to say that all routiine operations had been cancelled. In my view this is overkill. The roads are clear and running well. I live in a high area and the traffic is whizzing by as I type. I am carer for my husband who has Parkinsons and diabetes and had made arrangements for him to be looked after. Have had a miserable existence for a few years now so am desperately dissapointed.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Patient Opinion.

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Good afternoon, Please would you be kind enough to give our PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) Team a call on 01752 439884 or email plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net so we may have some more information from you so that we can investigate this further for you. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Best wishes Genny