"Thank you"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

My elderly father was taken into Royal Oldham Hospital a few months ago and as a result of secondary illnesses died recently. However my family and I cannot praise enough the staff of the Colorectal Unit, the High Dependency Unit and the Intensive care Unit. They were at all times professional, caring, patient and compassionate. During the period my father was at the hospital they always took the time to talk family members and have been at hand to offer support and a cup of tea. They were flexible with visiting times when needed and always made us feel welcome. We would particularly like to thank his consultant, who could not have done any more to help my father but who also took the time to explain to my elderly mother the procedures that were being undertaken and the likely outcomes. There have also been a number of individual nurses and ward staff whose compassion has made my family and I confident in the care my father received. Thank you.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment regarding your father’s stay on the Colorectal Unit at the Royal Oldham Hospital. Firstly, we are very sorry for your loss. We are pleased you were happy with the service we provided for your father and also pleased we were able to give you some support. We will be happy to forward your comment to the department managers to share with the rest of the team.