"Thank you for looking after me"

About: St James's University Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I have had a few operations mostly hip replacements which have all been successful. Having worked until 65 and many years after, I am still getting about with my stick. It is also getting a bit old so I’m going to have it repainted. My right leg joint is coming out but have always managed to push it back. I have always been well looked after in hospital and am glad to get in to have an operation and get back to moving again. All the surgeons, doctors and nurses I have seen have been marvellous and keeping me going. I shall always be grateful to these people and the kindness shown to get me going on the move again for the last lap of my life. All I can say is keep up the good work, you are all marvellous. Thank you for looking after me, yours truly.

Response from Patient and Public Involvement Lead, Leeds PCT

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. I am pleased to hear that the care and treatment you have received was a high standard and that your operations have been a success.

I shall pass your compliments onto the Patient Relations Manager at the hospital.