"No help"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Crisis resolution and home treatment

I contacted the Crisis team at Parkwood by phone when I was feeling unstable, unwell, suicidal and had cut my wrist the same morning.

A Support Worker answered the phone. They did not offer help, support and they were offensive and degrading.

I felt worse after dealing with the support worker. I made a complaint to the trust the same day.

Two months later and still unsupported I received their reply. It dismissed all of my complaint, they did not offer to speak to me about the matter and I was made to feel a liar. This person works with vulnerable adults but is permitted to speak to them how they want to. Disgusting i feel.

Response from Sarah Harrison, Head of Hearing Feedback, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to explore the issues you raise in your post if you felt this was something you would be interested in doing. Please feel free to contact me on 01772 695315

• JAYL doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by JAYL (the patient)

I do not consider asking me to call to discuss this after they have already carried out, what I believe to be, a biased investigation to be of any help whatsoever.

Service users complaints should not be disregarded and employees of the Trust defended and believed at the expense of a genuine complaint made by a service user.A mental health Trust should investigate complaints in an unbiased manner.

I have proceeded to take this matter up with my MP because,no doubt this person is still working with vulnerable people. I have not used this service since this incident as a direct result of this outcome and I have no wish to speak to this person again.

I am sorry you remain unsatisfied with the Trusts investigation and responce. We consider feedback very important and investigate issues carefully. We will of course repond to any further correspondance we receive from you or anyone representing you.

Regards,