"Support worker was very honest"

About: Harworth & Bircotes Children's centre

(as a volunteer/advocate),

Had a friend that was receiving family support and I would go along to the centre with her for moral support and also so that if ever she was unsure of anything after she had someone who was there she could ask regardless of the time of day.

The support worker there was very honest and upfront about everything. He never told her what she wanted to hear, he would tell her what she needed to here and would explain clearly why, how, when and where and what she needed to do to improve things and what would happen if she didn't.

Because of the work he did I then went on to college to get my CACHE level 3 so that I could do the very same. Although I am not employed at the minute I now volunteer at the centre and help to run courses for parents.

Response from Philippa Beasant, Children's Centre Coordinator, Sure Start Children's Centre, Health Partnerships

Dear Volunteer

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your story. I am sure your friend appreciated you supporting her during a time when she needed extra help and we are delighted to hear that through the advice and guidance she received, you were also helped to explore new possibilities in your life.

It is wonderful that you have gone on to achieve your CACHE Level 3 and your voluntary work within the centre will be a great asset on your CV.

We wish you every success in finding employment in the future, but in the meantime appreciate the time you give to support your Children's Centre.

With kind regards

• IYvolunteer thinks this response is helpful

Response from Sally Penn, District Manager (Bassetlaw), Children's Centres, County Health Partnerships

Dear Volunteer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the family support worker. It is reassuring to know that your experience was such a positive one and that this has inspired you to develop a new career path yourself.

Also may I take this opportunity to thank you for your support of the centre. Volunteers are valuable in helping us make the community a better place. We wish you every success in your studies and for the future.

• IYvolunteer thinks this response is helpful