"Outpatient Appointment at Southern GeneralHospital"

About: Southern General Hospital / General Surgery

I had received a letter on 14th October 2014, for an outpatient appointment for late January 2015. I got a automated call to confirm that I was attend the appointment the week before it.

Then last week I got a call to cancel my appointment as they had an "Emergency " and offered me another dat. I said I couldn't attend as it was too short notice to get my shifts covered and due to my nature of work I had to give 1 month notice for time off due to monthly rotas. I explained that I was off on the original day and was told that to leave it with them and someone would call back. No one called back and I called back every day till Friday and never got an answer just an automated reply.

I have now received a letter with a new appointment which I am not happy about. The first line of letter states they need to cancel my appointment for Wednesday 23rd January. I never had an appointment this day but the new appointment is now in April 2015 which is a disgrace.

That means I have now been waiting 5 Months for an Outpatient Appointment with Mr Smith.

Dear ShazStuart,

I'm sorry that you have had such difficulties arranging this outpatient appointment - I would appreciate if you could contact me on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk to give me more information on which outpatient clinic you need to attend so I can look into this in more detail.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Best Wishes,