"Thank you to staff at Solihull and Heartlands"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Accident and emergency Solihull Hospital / Respiratory medicine

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with G4 lung cancer in Oct 2014.

My main reason for this story is simply to say how up till now just how wonderful the staff have been at both Heartlands and Solihull. Unfortunately I have had some problems from the start which has meant I have had to stay in both hospitals for a few days.

I have now been treated in the Resus area Heartlands then ward 19, also at the AMU in Solihull then ward 8, on these occasions the Professional and caring helpfulness of all who I encountered has been amazing.

Sorry names are not my strong point but to all who I saw, THANK YOU.

Response from Matthew Cooke, Deputy Medical Director, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to give this feedback at a difficult time for you. It is great to hear that the staff have been so professional and caring, particularly at a time when the hospital has been so busy and so staff have been stretched. I will certainly pass this on to them.

I hope you mange to have less admissions in the future and wish you all the best in your treatment.

Matthew

matthew.cooke@heartofengland.nhs.uk

• Leggy 1963 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Andrew Clements, Head Of operations Solihull, Management, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this great feedback. It gives our staff a real boost when we pass this on.

May I also wish you all the best in your treatment.

Andrew