"The long wait"

About: Solihull Hospital

Lovely clean hospital and staff were very helpful and understanding, but, I had an appointment yesterday 11th Jan. for an endoscopy at 11.15am. I was seen at 2.45.pm Having no food or drink for many hours and having a lower spine problem I was feeling a bit weak and not up to having just the throat spray, but I went ahead with it because I'd had enough of waiting and I did not want to wait any longer after the procedure Why give me an appointment for that time and then keep me waiting. and also I was the last patient to be called, and I was not the only one to complain either. I could have walked in the clinic at 2.00pm. and still been seen. I hope I don't have to come back anytime, but, I think this should be looked at.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Lily Wallis

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to email your experience to Patient Opinion. I very sorry to read of your experience at Solihull Hospital. Could I please ask for you to contact me on 0121 424 0808 or email iona.belgrove@heartofengland.nhs.uk as I would like to look into your case further?

With kind regards