"My visit to Day Procedures unit"

About: George Eliot Hospital

I visited the Day Procedure unit for a simple operation. Feeling extremely anxious as I make a terrible patient . I was met by a welcoming and friendly team . I was really pleased with the professionalism throughout my day , both the medical and nursing staff communicated clearly with me and I found this very supportive and reassuring as a patient . The unit environment was clean and despite Evidence of the usual winter bed pressures within the hospital which probably reduced the space available within the unit I still had excellent care and my experience was a very positive one. Thank you.

Response from George Eliot Hospital

I hope that you are now fully recovered from your procedure and I am very pleased that all went well. The Trust has a service that can help patients to relax when they are going to have surgery/procedures. While, obviously, I hope that you will not need further treatment this service may be of benefit to you should the need arise. If you would like further details please contact PALS on (024) 7686 5550 and ask for details of the Oasis Project. Regards, Christine Longstaff on behalf of the George Eliot Hospital.