"Nuerophisiology Brain.Wave Scan"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I was sent by my consultant for EEG as I am getting sharp head pains and blackouts due to have MRI very soon. When I arrived for my EEG at Nuerophisiology reception the receptionist was very attentive, and professional and told me I would be seen very shortly by a consultant so I took a seat and was seen in less than 6-7 minutes, the reception was airy, comfortable and well lit. My consultant was very friendly, kind and dedicated about my condition and acted very professional at all times. During my examination I did blackout a few or several times but the consultant was there to support me throughout, we had a good conversation and talked about my condition and how it affects me. She wrote all the reports and examination of my test down and has sent the results to be reviewed by the head Nuerosurgon at the hospital I am being investigated by this is a very bad experience into why I have this condition but with the support I get I feel in very safe hands, anyone who experiences what I have should be seen where I had my EEG and by Nuerology.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience of your condition, and of our outpatient neurophysiology services. We are very glad to read about how the manner of the consultant, and the support you received from them, has helped you to feel in safe hands, and we appreciate your comments which may help to reassure others with similar experiences to your own. We will share your kind words with the neurophysiology team, we are sure they will be glad to hear from you.