"Ward 5B"

About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

I took ill day after boxing day and saw my GP on Mon 29th Dec 2014. I was admitted to the Royal the same night to emergency surgical. The A & E was extreemly busy but the staff were all very helpful even though they were run off their feet. I was put on a drip, given intravenus anti biotics and xray same night. On NYE just after midnight I was transferred to ward 5B where my treatment was continued. There was minimum of staff working due to the holiday period but everyone of them were kind, friendly and helpful, nurses, doctors, porters, auxillary, cleaner and the men who came with breakfast and tea during the day. I had ultra sound and ct scan. They couldnt do more for me. I have been diagnosed with gall stones and will be attending out patients dept shortly. I would like to say big thank you to all of you who helped with my recovery.

Response from The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments about our Emergency Department. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.