"I cannot praise the endoscopy unit enough"

About: Newark Hospital

Today I attended the hospital for a gastroscopy. Prior to my visit I was terrified of the procedure and I was absolutely dreading it. No-one in their right mind would choose to have a gastroscopy but I shall not be nearly so anxious next time. The care and consideration which I received from everyone from the receptiomist who rang me to book the appointment to the nurse who carried it out was exceptional but I want to single out the nurse who supported me throughtout the procedure. She is an example of caring nursing of the very highest standard and without her I do not know how I would have managed. Thankyou. I was also impressed by the time taken in an obviously busy department to explain to me exactly what the procedure entailed and to answer my questions before and afterwards. Would I recommend this unit to my friends and family. Without any doubt.

Response from Newark Hospital

Thank you for your feedback which will be passed to the department concerned. With kind regards Patient Advice & Liaison Service Newark Hospital 01636 685692 (direct dial)