"Care of elderly patients"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I was admitted into hospital ward 6C on Christmas eve and discharged the following morning. Whilst there, the elderly patient next to me was in pain and called for help. She did not have much strength so her voice was low. So I went to the nurse (night shift) and told her that the patient was calling for help. The nurse ignored me and the elderly patient and continue with her physical work. Another nurse was at her desk and she heard the conversation but did not interfere. I felt very distressed about this incident, knowing that one day it will be me.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding your admission the the John Radcliffe Hospital. I am very sorry that your experience on Ward 6C did not meet the standard you could expect. We would be very happy to investigate the issues you have raised and provide you with a response. If you would like us to do this, please do not hesitate to contact Sam Douglas, Acting Complaints Coordinator on 01865 223257 or at samantha.douglas@ouh.nhs.uk who will be happy to discuss the complaint process with you.