"Treatment of my Dad"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Elderly medicine

My dad was in Ward 32. I felt that there was a c omplete lack of care and understanding making a difficult situation even worse, I believe causing further unnecessary deterioration of my Father's already frail health.

A couple of nurses and the tea lady were good.

Response from Arlian Mallis, Person Centred Health and Care Co-ordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Thank you for finding the time and courage to share your opinion with us about the care of your dad, I feel sad to read your story and very sorry that you dad had such negative experience. Although, there are things we did not get right but I am also glad that some of our staff showed your dad the care and compassion required.

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for voicing your opinion about your dad’s care while in-patient with us, this will help to identify areas for improvement. I’d like to make sure that we learn from what you’ve shared with us on Patient Opinion and I’d really appreciate you getting in contact with me on abimbola.shobowale@nhs.net to allow me to review your dad’s care and hopefully I can reassure you in person that we will give your experience serious attention.

In the mean time I will be sharing your story with our team: this I know will be difficult for them to read too. I would like to express our sincere apologies to your family for any inconvenience caused; our objective in Ward A32 is to deliver excellent quality care while promoting evidence based care practice in a safe, well organised and friendly environment. We aspire to treat our patients, staff and visitors in a manner we would like to be treated ourselves.