"Poor communication"

About: Wakefield House / Access & Advice Team - Warrington

(as a service user),

Messages not being passed on resulting in people not receiving the follow up they need at the time they need it. On several occasions I have made contact with warrington recovery team and have been told my call will be returned as the person was unavailable at that time or away from there desk.

Today the same thing happened again for the second time this week and its only Tuesday. It is hard enough for people with mental health problems to reach out, and when messages aren't passed on it is unacceptable. For it to happen on the odd occasion I understand but this is a regular occurrence within the recovery team at Warrington. It is an issue that needs sorting.

This is people's mental health that is being dealt with, one day it may be an urgent call that has consequences due to inadequate communication.

Response from Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Hello I am really sorry that your experience has been un-satisfactory I will pass on your concerns to the team manager.

If you need any help or support please do not hesitate to contact myself in the PALS team on 01925 664450.

Response from Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

I`m sorry to hear if any of our service users are having difficulty with getting calls returned. I know wherever possible, my staff will attempt to return any calls made to the Team. I`m certainly not aware of this being an issue on a regular basis for service users. Yes, we are a very busy service and at times we have to prioritise, but my staff will always endeavour to make contact with service users who need our input and support.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on

01925 666662