About: Sunderland Royal Hospital Sunderland Royal Hospital Sunderland SR4 7TP
Posted by Calvert (as ),
A very good friend of mine, I would add lifelong friend, was admitted to ward C33. So far, he has,
1) Contracted conjunctivitis, which, to date remains unsuccessfully treated.
2) His teeth were broken in some procedure, ( not notified)
3) He now cannot speak, through another procedure carried out.
4 He now has a chest infection, which prevents further surgery, so I believe, as no definite information seems to be forth coming
5) He remained "nil by mouth" for some four days due to promised scans, which were never asked for until my intervention.
6) He has lost so much weight he can barely stand unaided.
Also 3-4 days after he was admitted he has a severe bedsore the size of a hand which in my view is down to poor nursing care.
How much more do you require this elderly man to endure before someone, somewhere takes his case in hand and finally does something 'concrete' about his rapidly deterioration, or, is this a new way of reducing the patient workload!