"attended A&E"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

I attended A&E Sunday morning , I had slipped on the ice and subsequently fractured my elbow and hurt my wrist. The department was really busy . However the staff were lovely and worked really hard to keep patients wait to a minimum. I am a registered nurse, I have never worked at RAEI. I wanted to say how well I was treated and in particular the sister who treated me firstly in triage and then in minors. She was lovely and I felt really looked after, which is just what I needed as I was in a lot of pain. Well done Wigan A&E and thank you. Kind Regards Gillian Jones.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide your very kind feedback regarding your attendance to Accident and Emergency at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. Your posting has been forwarded to the General Manager and Head of Nursing for the Division of Medicine, who will share your posting with all the staff concerned, and in particular the Sister who attended to you.