"My son and his heart problems"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Cardiology Heartlands Hospital / Cardiology Solihull Hospital / Cardiology

(as a parent/guardian),

In December, I took my son to Solihull Hospital as he had been experiencing chest pains. Following an ECG and blood tests there, he was taken by ambulance to Heartlands where an emergency angiogram and CT scan were carried out to rule out heart attacks. My son was admitted to the cardiac ward that night and had an ultrasound the following day. He was kept in and monitored until he was moved to Good Hope 5 days later for an MRI scan.

Despite it being Christmas, the service in all three hospitals was excellent, and I would particularly like to thank the cardiac staff at both Heartlands and Good Hope who did their job well and with sensitivity, for their skill and expertise and speed of treatment. The staff were kind, especially Helen in the Heartlands cardiac ward. My son even received socks for Christmas!

Response from Matthew Cooke, Deputy Medical Director, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to give this feedback. I am very pleased to hear of your excellent service and the kindness shown to you.

It has been an exceptionally busy at all our hospitals over the Christmas period and staff have been working really hard, so it is even more important they hear such news. I will make sure that the staff involved are all thanked on your behalf.

I hope that your son is now making good progress.

Response from Richard Parker, Managing Director, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks also from Good Hope for taking the time to post your feedback.

I'll make sure your comments are fed back to the team.