"outstandingly amazing A & E. thank you!"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I was unsure how to thank our Nurse (originally childrens ward) and the consultant Paediatrician for what I can only say was the best sevice/help I could have imagined through the A&E dept. my 12yr old son had severe pain in his testicles. we were cared for initially by a Nurse who was both knowledgeable and informative She stayed with us throughout our time at A & E (we were not past from person to person). The consultant was summoned from home arriving promptly and with a smile. He immediately examined my son and then drew a team together for an emergency operation. my son was operated on immediately. The consultant contacted us via phone after the op and gave us clear positive results & confirmed that his initial worst-case scenerio diagnosis had indeed been correct (the testicle had twisted 360° - cutting of the blood flow) I am now aware that if he had not acted this quickly ( within 1 hour) my 12yr old son would've had to have his testicle amputed. My son was recovering in the childrens ward by 10:30pm. Thank you, you are both brilliant.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post your comment about the A and E and paediatric service. We will ensure that we pass this onto the staff concerned and wish your son all the best with his ongoing recovery.