"Intensive care fiasco"

About: Bassetlaw Hospital

My wife was in intensive care from 15/12/14 to 26/12/14. Whilst still in intensive care and on ventilator/ life support the doctor whose name I will not disclose yet for legal reasons decided that she should be moved to another hospital because they had only four nurses on duty when there should be five. He stated another patient could not be moved because I quote "he is almost recovered so we shouldn't move him" the fact the mans son was a litigation solicitor and tthe fact my wife was not almost recovered played no part in the decision, nor that she had had a heart attack because of anxiety due to lack of ability to breath through virus and infection . When voicing our concerns nothing was taken on board and the wards sister even accused my daughter of abusing her, which she did not. It was a fiasco and joke which could lead to further heart attack, it had taken ten days to reduce sedation on my wife which they wanted to do, yet on transferring were more than ready to increase sedation. Your life in their hands be it

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We are sorry to hear that your experience at our hospital was not a positive one and would like to reassure you that we will look into the matters raised.

As you have not left your contact details and to help us with our investigations we would welcome you taking the time to contact Kirsty Clarke, Head or Nursing & Midwifery. You can contact Kirsty on: kirsty.clarke@dbh.nhs.uk.

Response from Bassetlaw Hospital

We are sorry to hear that your experience at our hospital did not meet your expectations and would like to reassure you that we will look into the matters raised. As you are posting as Anonymous, we would welcome you taking the time to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), where we can discuss these matters with you in confidence and gather the extra information that will help us to look into your wife's stay here. PALS can be contacted by phone or email on: Tel: 01302 553140 Freephone: 0800 028 8059 Minicom (Text Talk): 01302 553140 Email: pals.dbh@dbh.nhs.uk Thank you.