"Outstanding Health Care at St Mary's Hospital..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

I was rushed into the A&E Department in West Middx Hospital with acute Deep Vein Thrombosis last Thursday. I was seen immediately by competent professional, caring staff and transferred to a different ward, where I stayed for several days having 24 hour monitored treatment. At all stages, I was informed what was going to happen and the choices of possible treatments. I was then transferred by ambulance to a St. Mary's Hospital Paddington for surgical treatment which is currently ongoing. At every stage of the experience, I have been struck by the professionalism, energy, patience and dedication of all the NHS staff I have encountered including ambulance staff, reception staff, porters, doctors, scanning staff, nurses, food staff, cleaners yes even the often-maligned backstage managers. The attention to detail was exemplary. I feel nothing but thanks and admiration for the NHS staff. In my very limited experience, there is a complete mismatch between the negative image of A&E described by the league tables currently headlining in the BBC press and actual reality. Great job! Well done all. Keep up the good work!