"Paperwork and comunication failure for my cancer..."

About: Hammersmith Hospital

I am still waiting to find out what has happened about my cancer medication. My consultant's secretarial service does not return my calls. PALS does not return my calls. The most helpful has been the pharmacy. I prescribed on Monday 15th and the pharmacy was unable to dispense my medication as the appropriate forms were not with the prescription. First I knew of this was when the pharmacy called me to say they could not dispense due to the lack of forms. I have had to telephoned every day this week. First day, Tuesday, the secretary did not return my call, the second day, Wednesday, she said she would contact my consultant to sort it out. The third day, Thursday, she said the consultant went straight to clinic and not seen the note she left for him and she would contact me before 4pm. She contacted me and said the consultant had passed the task to his registrar. Today, Friday, I cannot get in contact with the secretary, answerphone messages not answered.. I phoned the pharmacy and they said the forms had not been completed and would try to sort it out. Meantime, having been told on Monday that my cancer had reoccurred and I need to start taking my medication and return to the hospital in four weeks to re-consult, I am still waiting for any news from the hospital. Today is Friday and I do not expect that things will improve over the weekend. This follows on from the previous 2 weeks where I had to constantly telephone about my PET scan. A similar story to the above and was told by the scanning dept. there was no request but told by the oncology dept. that the request was definitely in the system. Eventually this was sorted but took 10 days of me phoning. I cannot fault the intension of the treatment as I have been treated very well and am satisfied that I am receiving a very good response to my condition. However, these last 3 weeks have been a nightmare for me due to paperwork and presumably communication facilities between patients, doctors department and support departments.