"very concerned for Skegness residents access to..."

I took my 69 yr old father to this hospital after he suffered a head injury. We were informed the waiting could be up to 2 hours, after 3.5 hours my father had still not been seen by a doctor and was starting to become very anxious. Observations in the waiting room it was quite apparent there was no prioritisation of patients dependant upon level of care required, a patient late twenties with an 8 day old foot injury was given prioritisation over an older patient with a head injury. Other patients had been taken from the waiting room and been left in cubicles for 90 minutes and still not seen by the doctor. We were informed only 1 doctor was on call and the nurses were unable to attend to my father due to the severity of his injury. We were also advised an x-ray would be required however the department had closed an hour prior to my father being checked in my a nurse. Outrageous level of care for residents in Skegness and clear staffing issues that require urgent management attention.

Response from Skegness Hospital

We are very disappointed that this was your experience at Skegness hospital and we apologise for this. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to anonymous postings but if you would like to contact PALS on 08456024384 with your specific concerns and we will investigate and respond back to you.