"Wonderful UCLH, wonderful NHS"

About: University College Hospital

i am a frequent user of the NHS needing a series of orthopaedic operations. I am always astounded by the level of expertise, professionalism and kindness that I receive every time I come to UCH. My medical history is complicated, but the communication and coordination between different areas was impressive. I went into hospital knowing that information had been shared and that there was a thorough plan in place. The thing that staggers me is that everyone - from consultants and nursing staff to therapists and support workers - is working under increasingly difficult and nonsensical conditions. If that's not enough, frontline staff (nurses, physios, therapists, radiographers, phlebotomists, porters, reception staff, etc.) have also experienced a loss of earnings in real terms, which I find shocking and unacceptable. Despite these issues, the level of professionalism was remarkable and I left hospital still feeling incredibly grateful and proud of the NHS and grateful to the people who work at UCH.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from all of the staff you encountered at UCLH, and we will feed back your kind words to the team.