"Excellent care and treatment"

About: Ayr Hospital / Accident & Emergency

I wrote my feedback about 3 weeks ago, but it doesn't appear here so I am trying again as I really want to the staff to know how much I appreciated the excellent care and treatment I received.

I broke my ankle (quite badly) and ended up in A&E on a Saturday night. I was accompanied by a couple of friends who have been able to tell me what excellent care I received (as I was in shock and can't remember much). The staff on duty repeatedly reassured me and explained everything carefully to me friends.

Ms Gibson and her team were fabulous. She has done a fantastic job on patching me up and a young man in her team (don't remember his name now) was really kind and patient in explaining the procedure to me - SEVERAL times - as he knew I hadn't taken everything in. The whole surgical event is a bit of a blur but I do remember being constantly reassured and looked after. Thank you Ms Gibson, I will continue to do my bit now to get the best result and recovery for all your good work.

Finally, to all the nurses on station 10 - you are great. Thanks to all of you.

Special mention to the physio (and her student at the time who were great) and to the OT covering station 10. You all do a great job.

I am not from Ayr, so I was even more appreciative of all the care and attention I received, being away form my family and support.

We are quick to criticise but not as quick to praise, so can you please make sure everyone mentioned in this email gets to hear about my positive comments?

Thanks

Dear Edinburgh patient

It is so important to be able to give and receive all feedback, so thank you for your persistence. I will be extremely pleased to pass your very kind words to as many staff as possible. It really makes a difference to staff to feel valued when they are providing an excellent service and I am convinced it helps them to continue to provide that level of service for others. Is it the ripple effect? like a smile, it can be infectious. I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Best wishes,