"First child caesarean section"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I had an elective caesarean section after a difficult pregnancy. I was very frightened, but I have to say the support and advice I received before, during and after the caesarean were brilliant. I was given lots of information so I could make informed decisions about my care and that of my baby. In the theatre I was made to feel safe and reassured, it was nowhere near as bad as I expected; it was quick, painless and I was very happy to be awake and have my husband with me. The staff were kind, empathetic & even took photos for us as our baby was delivered. My baby and I were able to go home just over 24 hours after the surgery. All of the staff made a scary experience as comfortable as they could & I'm very grateful.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your care and treatment you received in the Maternity Unit at Basildon Hospital. We will ensure that your kind words are shared with staff involved. May we take this opportunity to wish you, your husband and your new baby all the very best.