"Total lack of respect for patient"

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

Saw the registrar in Surgical Outpatients and after a very long wait was told he would 'repeat the ultrasound'. Only he wouldn't do it there and then and I would have to wait several weeks for a new appointment and then go back on the waiting list to see a doctor who could report what they could see on the ultrasound. It begs the question why an ultrasound wasn't done before my appointment if nothing could be done without an ultrasound. A waste of NHS time, a waste of my time and a total lack of respect for his patient from this doctor.

Response from Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with our services. We cannot address the issues you raise via this website, as we would need specific details, but would be more than happy to look into the situation on your behalf if you would like us to do so. You can facilitate this by contacting our Patient Advice and Complaints teamm on 0800 013 0018, 01484 342825, or by email to patientadvice@cht.nhs.uk. Thank you for your comments, all feedback is very valuable to us.