"Wigan Assessment Team"

About: Claire House

A few weeks ago I saw a doctor at Claire House. I became upset when I told them that I did not want them to see my mum because I was worried she would find out about the abuse. They wanted me to tell them by email what support I needed but I felt to upset to do so. The PALS officer informed me that the Assessment Team had decided to close my case.

I sent an email to the PALS officer which was passed on to the Assessment Team. In the email I told them I was feeling extremely distressed and having thoughts of suicide. The Assessment Team have not responded to this and abandoned me without any support even though they caused the current distress I am feeling about what happened to me.

Response from Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

I am very sorry to hear that your experiences have left you feeling in some distress. I would like to remind you that you can re-refer yourself to the Assessment Team for support at any time on 01942 482239 as we are a twenty four hour service, operating seven days a week. If you are feel unable to do this, please contact your GP whom can make this referral on your behalf.

If you wish to talk in more detail about your experiences you can contact me directly via my PA Louise on the telephone number below.

Cheryl Forrest,

01942 264622

• freddie1 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by freddie1 (the patient)

I do not think I was given a real opportunity to discuss in more detail the issues.

I am not able to contact the Assessment Team because of extremely negative experiences of doing this on previous occasions, which they already know about. Also, the information as already been given to the Assessment Team and they have failed to respond.

I cannot get an appointment with my GP until the 6th January.

Update posted by freddie1 (the patient)

Are you not going to publish my new story?

Response from Sarah Ashurst, subscriber services manager, Patient Opinion

Hi Freddie1

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid there was a mix up in our system which caused a delay in looking at your story. We are just looking into fixing this now, so thank you for flagging this up to us. It will help us improve the website.

Regarding your new story, this is now been looked at by our team and we will be in touch in the next few days.

Once again, I am very sorry for the delay.

Many thanks,