"A brilliant ambulance crew"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

At midnight on Sunday During the evening I suffered stomach cramps that got progressively worse. Shortly before midnight my wife called NHS 111 who immediately sent an ambulance to take me to Bournemouth A & E.

The crew Mat & Simon were brilliant, thorough, careful and really caring. I commend them as being exemplary members of the NHS as indeed were all the team at A & E Bournemouth. Net result, I had suffered some sort of damage to my stomach wall lining (extremely painful! ) A huge thank you from my wife and Peter.

Dear Janetpeter1

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the 111 service and Mat and Simon who came to your aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.

Laura

Dear Janetpeter1

Thank you for contacting me. I have been able to identify all of the members of staff involved with Peter's care and will ensure they are formally recognised for the care they gave.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience of our 111 and Ambulance Service.

Laura

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear ‘Janetpeter1’

Sue Mellor

Head of Patient Engagement

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Response copied from original posting on Patient Opinion in December 2014 Dear ‘Janetpeter1’ Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the services you encountered during your recent illness. It can be very worrying to have unexplained pains so to have experienced help at the end of a phone line who can quickly assess the situation and respond accordingly is such a comfort. I sincerely believe we have an excellent ambulance service in this area so it does not surprise me that Mat and Simon were so thorough and caring to you and I am pleased that the good care did not end there but continued throughout your treatment in our Emergency Department. I will make sure that the team are made aware of your comments and I thank you for your feedback and wish you a speedy recovery. Kind regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement