"The routine just clicked in and all was happy"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

East Surrey Hospital Woodland Ward

I felt my extended stay due to open wound infection )Not MRSA or anthing like that) was made as comfortable experience due to the fact that all the staff on the ward work happily together which helped me relax there was no feeling of pressure or anxiety everthing just got done right from the start of the day with the happily given request 'come on guys do you want to get up and I will make your beds'. Everything just seemed to work the routine just clicked in and all was happy.

Dear bailey10,

Thank you for kind words about Woodland Ward and how you saw the team working happily together which made you feel more relaxed and as a consequence other anxieties were reduced for you.

Having a good routine is clearly part of this as well as leadership and you may not be surprised to hear that the Ward Manager on Woodland Ward recently awarded our Frontline – Employee of the Year award at our annual staff awards ceremony. One of the comments made about her was "She's always ready to listen to us. She's a mother, a sister and a colleague to us all in the ward".

• bailey10 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by bailey10 (the patient)

Can't say I am surprised a very good choice and presumably she is very pleased and shares the honour with all her nurses who deserve to share in the glory