"tinnitus diagnosis"

About: Ipswich Hospital

Felt my diagnosis of hearing loss and tinnitus was delivered in a very cold clinical way. I am really struggling with it emotionally and can not get out of my mind the casual way I was told, quick look in ears and told to get on wth it basically, with a smile! No hope was given! Feel very alone in this. 1 1/2 hours late as well

Response from Dominic Mundy, Patient and Carer Experience Manager, Clinical Directorate, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Dear Kim

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am really sorry to hear that your diagnosis was delivered in such a way, that is not what we expect from our staff. You must have felt shocked and alarmed. I am also sorry to hear about how long you had to wait; sometimes our clinics get very busy but I imagine if we had explained why you had to wait that might have be helpful? We are doing a lot of work to improve our outpatient clinics and most now provide information about clinic waiting times.

It would be really helpful if we knew a bit more about you, which clinic you attended and when so we could look into the specifics of your experience with the right people.

Please feel free to contact us via our PALS team on freephone 0800 328 7624 or via email pals.service@ipswichhospital.nhs.uk

Kindest regards

Dominic Mundy

dominic.mundy@ipswichhospital.nhs.uk

Response from Ipswich Hospital

I am very sorry that you have had a poor experience of our care. Is there any way you could ring us on 01473 702064 so that we can offer ways to support you?