"Grateful the resource is still invested in an ageing man of 72"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Urology

Attended The Buckland Ward at East Surrey Hospital which is the home of the Urology Investigation Suite for a Transrectal Ultrasound

I have no wish to dwell on what is an undignified procedure from the patients point of view but wish to put on record my appreciation of the care and professionalism of the team that looked after me.

Nervous as I approached I was greeted in an open friendly manner by the team

The whole procedure was carefully explained prior to commencement and during the course of the process.

I was made comfortable, looked after tidied up and sent on my way.

This day and age it is easy to complain and rage at change

I am amazed that resource is still invested in an ageing man of 72 and am grateful.

I tip my hat to the team particularly the compassion of nurse Bernadette

Thank you from a grateful patient.

Dear Yardbird

Many thanks for your kind words about the treatment and care you received whilst on Buckland Ward and the compassion of Bernadette in particular. I will ensure these comments are shared with the team who I know will be pleased to read them.

I can assure you that we are delighted to invest resource in someone aged 72 and one of the many great things about the NHS is that we treat all depending on need and not some other criteria.

Update posted by Yardbird (the patient)

I appreciate Ian taking the trouble to post a response.

From my point of view I am pleased to see that some team members have read the thoughts of a grateful patient.