"Side effects from drug dosage"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Inpatient mental health care

Whilst I was on admission I was on 400mg of my depo and doing well. As I was about to be discharged, the dosage was increased to 800mg and subsequently 1000mg. I went to hell and back. I felt I was given a lethal injection. I could not function well and my heart was beating very fast, I could not sleep.

I experienced all the side effects of the drug. When I reported my experience, nothing was done, it was not stopped. After five months and family intervention, it was stopped and I was back to oral. I am getting back to normal now.

Response from Victoria Gregory, Patient Experience Manager, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Newton

My name is Victoria and I am the Patient Experience Manager of the Trust.

I am sorry to read of your experience - I woud like to know more details so we can look into it further. Please kindly email me at complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk with your name and contact details so that I can this forward and we can learn from the circumstances you describe.

Many thanks