"Self-referral physio clinic - online services"

About: The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

My GP recommended today that I refer myself to to the ROH physio service because there is a self-referral system which can be used online. However, when I went to the website, I tried to put several terms into the search engine, but couldn't find the online referral form. I looked in the various physiotherapy pages, but wasn't sure which one was right. Eventually, I went to Google and searched for the hospital's name and the self-referral service, and found a link to a form which I can print out, complete and then post to you. This is a good thing, but it would be so much better if it was easier to find, and if you could fill in an online form to refer yourself without needing to print it out and post it.

Response from Lisa Kealey, Public and Patient Relations Manager, Patient Experience Team, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that you found the self-referral form difficult to locate. Having looked at the website myself and talking to colleagues, we will look at making the link under Therapy Services clearer in order to help other patients from experiencing the same issue.

We are not yet in a position to be able to offer an option to fill in the form on-line. However, the Trust is currently upgrading all of the information systems that we work with and I will pass on your suggestion for consideration in the planned upgrades. I hope your treatment goes well.

Kind Regards