"shoulder surgery"

About: Wrightington Hospital

I was admitted to ward 1 on 5th November for shoulder replacement surgery. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome .I was informed about procedure by all the doctors involved who introduced themselves to me and I understood exactly what would happen to me. Everyone was kind and took the trouble to make me feel confident about my operation. The recovery ward staff and staff on ward 5 were attentive and caring to me and everyone else. Food nice and tea hot .Bravo and many thanks to all .

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for posting your most positive comments following your surgery at Wrightington. I will ensure that these are shared with the Head of Nursing and Matron for Specialist Services who will be pleased to pass this on to the staff on Ward 5.

May I apologise that I have said Ward 5 at Wrightington in my response above. It was Ward 1 and I can confirm that your posting has been cascaded to the correct staff.

Kind reagrds