"My last two injections were brilliant"

About: Ayr Hospital / Ophthalmology

I would like to let you know about my last two eye injections for macular degeneration at ayr hospital. Normally I have quite a bit of eye irritation after the antistatic has worn off which lasts for four or five hours.

The last two were brilliant. For the one in late September given by Dr Mathews, the irritation which was less, only lasted about two hours which was very good. The last one given to me on the in late October by a lady doctor (sadly I did not get her name) was the best of all the injections I have had. I had no irritation whatsoever to my extreme delight.

Dear chatty,

I am so pleased that your recent experiences have been so good, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I appreciate that eye irritation is not any fun and anything being done to your eye can be a bit scary. It is a real pleasure to be able to pass the nice posts on. I will send it to the Opthalmology team. I hope they can identify the lady doctor, she can benefit from a big pat on the back.

Best wishes

Eunice

• chatty thinks this response is helpful