"Feeling better because of this service "

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Nottingham Recovery College

I have had fantastic help from Social Inclusion and Well Being Service after severe mental distress. In particular Sangita has helped me in ways that are incalculable. I have gone from being afraid to leave my home and terrified to engage with others, to holding down two volunteer places that Sangita found. These places were perfect for me, Sangita had heard what I needed and what I was suited and interested in. She had not only heard me but worked hard to find places that matched what she had heard me say.

Not only did Sangita help me by finding the volunteer places, she also then accompanied me to meet the organisers and during the interview process. She has also remained in contact offering further support in case I need it.

I am sure that had it not been for the Social Inclusion service and Sangita in particular, I would not be on the road to feeling better or actually having any life at all. This service has proved to be invaluable and is one of the few services that has worked for me.

Response from Tim Constable, Service Manager, Adult Mental Health, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Mort

I was delighted to hear that you are enjoying your recovery and I shall pass on your thanks to the Social Inclusion and Well Being team and in Particular Sangita

Best wishes

Response from Julie Swann, Team Leader, Social Inclusion and Well-being Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Daer Mort,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our service supportive and helpful. Person centred approach is at the heart of our work in social inclusion and the team members are committed to help people on their journey to recovery. We hope that you continue to make progress towards your goals and wish you all the best.

I will share your comments with Sangita

Kind Regards