"Attitudes of NHS staff"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult community mental health

(as a carer),

While waiting in the waiting area of Foundation House Out Patients it not acceptable for staff to gossip and make judgements on patients in their care. We had to listen to a conversation between care professionals about someone they obviously had no respect, care or anything good to say. It's inappropriate to have to listen to the bad attitudes of staff talk about someone who sounded very unwell and gives you no heart or trust in how they deal with people. I found it distasteful, and thought their comments uncalled for as they passed through to go out. It doesn't give you any hope in the system.

Response from Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting your recent experience of our services.

I was dismayed to read the content of your posting, and I would very much like the opportunity to look into this in more detail.

To be able to do this I will need some more detail of the incident, when and where it happened.

If you would like to discuss this matter furtrher, please ring me on Tel: 01278 432022 or email me at pals@sompar.nhs.uk.

This Trust takes all such feedback very seriously, and would like to thank you to alerting us to this experience.

Karen Howard-Grenville