"Asthma attack"

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

I went into the portacabin part of the hospital being sent by my doctor, thinking I had a clot on my lung & my breathing was bad! It wasn't super fast in that department but there in my opinion worse people off than me, I was thoroughly examined and had to wait for a bed, what took along time but! I was reassured at all times. Once on the ward which was the stroke ward, they were amazing! 24 hrs care at all times, from the doctors, nurses, General staff & cleaners, couldn't fault anything, the food was wonderful and a lot of choice too, and nothing was too much trouble for anyone, I wasn't in hospital I felt like I was on holiday! Thank you everyone for the great care x

Response from Patient Experience Manager, NHS West Essex CCG

Dear Debra, thank you for sharing your patient experience. I was very pleased to read that you were happy with your care and treatment at The Princess Alexandra Hospital. As commissioners of the hospital we value feedback. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the relevant teams and departments at the hospital.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Debra, While it's not the usual way to describe an inpatient stay on an acute ward in the local hospital, your description of it as a holiday is welcome, as the rest of your description helps me to understand why you felt that way. The cooks and kitchen team will be over the moon with your description of the food, as I know they often struggle to cope with the wide variety of tastes and my colleagues on Stroke Ward will be ecstatic to read about your description of their attention through the day and night to your care and well-being. Please do always get in touch if ever there is anything which doesn't quite work out. The Patient Experience Team is on 01279 82 70 84.