"I suffered a massive heart attack"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary / Accident and emergency Northern General Hospital Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust

On the morning of 09/03/09 I suffered a massive (Dr’s word not mine) heart attack whilst at home. A paramedic arrived shortly after my wife called the 999 service. An ambulance arrived shortly after. I was connected up and informed of what was happening. I was then taken to DRI during which time I received “shocking” on two occasions ( the second time was in A&E). I arrived on the CCU ward at DRI where I explained that I still had discomfort. I was then taken to Northern General Hospital where after examination I was fitted with a stent after which I had no more discomfort. I was returned to DRI during the afternoon of 10/03/09 where I received the very best of treatment from the CCU staff. Having sorted my tablet regime I was discharged six days later. The treatment I received at both CCU’s and the aftercare I am now receiving at home was and is first class and I can only offer sincere thanks from myself and my wife to all staff concerned.

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your feedback.