"Adult Mental Health Services Nottingham"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County)

I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks on and off for around 5 years now. Previously I had been seen by CAHMS, who were really good and helped me a lot. Now I am over 18 I have been trying to get treatment through the adult services. I have now been waiting for treatment for basically a year, I first saw somebody from 'lets talk, wellbeing' who decided they couldn't help me and I needed more intense treatment, so around Spring time I was referred to the Community Mental Health Team. I had an assessment in the Summer, and hadn't seen anyone since the end of Summer which was just a 'check up' to see how I was getting on.

I then received a letter which came across as what I thought would be the start of the treatment, but actually it was more of an appointment to see if I was 'eligible' I think was the word that was used. Which I thought was already established and I found this rather rude and like they where almost treating my illness as some kind of joke. The result of this appointment is that I've been placed on yet another 8+ week waiting list (probably about the 5th one this year).

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. The first thing I would like to do is to say sorry for the disappointing experience through our Adult Mental Health Services.

I want to let you know that your feedback has been read at executive level and our services will reply to you in more detail as soon as possible.

I would also like to apologise for the delay in responding to you as you have already experienced delays in waiting. I was sad to read that you feel your illness has 'almost been treated as some kind of joke' and you felt the letter was rude in tone.

Please look out for a reply soon as we want to listen to what you are saying so that we can make improvements

Yours Sincerely

Jane Danforth

Response from Tracey Taylor, Service Manager, Community and Residential Services (South), Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry you have had this experience of our services. If you would like to contact me on 0115 955 5358 or email me at tracey.taylor@nottshc.nhs.uk then I can talk to you about what happened, and look at how we can improve things for you.

please accept my assurance that everyone's distress is taken seriously.

looking forward to hearing from you