"Loop Excision: nothing to fear"

About: Leigh Infirmary / Gynaecology

I was so anxious about this treatment but was soon put at ease with the fantastic knowledge and treatment provided by the Colposcopy nurse's. I had the Loop Excision with a Local Anesthetic and it was brilliant! I felt completely at ease, comfortable and in good hands. Everything they said I would feel happened which was not at all how I had imagined. I felt little uncomfortable when I was given the Local but that only lasted for a matter of seconds then the procedure itself was entirely painless. I wanted to tell my story on here not only to thank the nurse's but also to put it out there to ALL WOMEN that THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR! I am now at home resting as instructed but happy to have rid myself of the abnormalities.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience, which I will pass on to the Division of Surgery to ensure that the staff are made aware of your posting. I am sure your comments will also be helpful and reassuring for other women who may find themselves in the same position

Response from Leigh Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to share your posting following your loop excision. I am sure that the staff involved in your care will be pleased to learn of your experience and your positive feedback. I will ensure that this is passed on to them.