"My mum"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Medicine

(as a parent/guardian),

My mother developed a sore on her foot, after discharge for 9 weeks I have been frequently voicing concerns as the foot has become badly infected. I believe this foot should have been monitored frequently with her having diabetes.

She has been re admitted but antibiotics are not clearing the foot, iv antibiotics aren't clearing it.

I really don't know what the outcome is going to be but it is causing her extreme pain. The ward in the Royal discharged her with paracetamol for the pain. I am hoping that this foot will heal but I think it has been left to long and my mother is frail enough without this wound.

I have lost all faith in elderly care as this was unnecessary stress my mother could do without, I find this wound very disturbing that it could be allowed to have this outcome.

Dear isa,

First of all, I am very sorry that your mother has had to be re-admitted to hospital and that you have seen such a change in her wound. I can understand the frustration and stress this would cause to you both.

It would be of great help to me to get some more details of your mother's case so I can take this forward in the best way, particularly if she is still currently in hospital. If you wouldn't mind, you can email me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I hope to hear from you soon, with best wishes,

Update posted by isa (a parent/guardian)

I am pleased someone cared enough to look at this story so thank you from the bottom of my heart