"We shouldn't have to fall upon gems like this"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Child and adolescent mental health

This is a quick but huge thank you to super nurse Catherine.

My daughter and I recently went to her evening skills workshops for family and friends. She made us feel so normal. She made us laugh (the first time in at least a year that I can remember doing so) was so welcoming and took such a personal interest in us, we warmed to her immediately.

Her communication session has made me more confident in speaking to my daughter about what she has gone through. Without Catherine and the way she runs these sessions I don't think me and my family would be where we are.

We shouldn't have to just fall upon gems like this - the NHS must provide these sessions everywhere - in this way families wouldn't have to struggle through the bewildering maze of mental health services! ! !

Response from Victoria Gregory, Patient Experience Manager, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear NHSLover

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your postive feedback about the workshop you attended. I am very pleased that it has had such an impact and that you found Catherine so welcoming.

I wish you well in your continued journey with your daughter and thank you again for getting in touch.

best wishes