"Porchester Ward - the psychiatrists and the ward facilities"

About: Forensic mental health

Most psychiatrists I've come across seemingly push buttons in patients and then grin at the patients reaction. I have experienced this with 2 doctors. This makes me feel physically sick and mentally ill as well as taking away any hope I might have of getting out. I'm asking them to stop the apparent mind games and if someone is sane, let them out.

I also wish that I had access to TV channels, Box Nation & BT Sport.

I'm missing out on lots of sport while on the ward. I would love it and it would help to pass the time and give me something to look forward to, why can't we access the internet under supervision?

I miss my girlfriend and my dog so it would help.

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with being in hospital at the moment. I know that we work hard to engage patients in their treatment and recovery and sometimes there are differences in opinion which still need to be discussed openly with patients. I am sure it would not be the intention of your Doctor to provoke you, but to work with you to get the best results for the future. If you are finding it difficult to get a particular point across then please speak to the Advocacy service based here at Wells Road who can help you address these issues.

With regards to the channels available on the television; the ward Manager intends to provide access to a Sports channel on Sky but is currently chasing the company up due to some technical issues. This will hopefully be resolved shortly.

Internet access is currently only available in the OT department under supervision there are plans to expand this but will take time. If you feel strongly about this issue then please consider raising this issue at the patients forum on 13th November either in person or as a representative for the ward.

Thanks