"Short Stay."

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

I very recently had an operation at the Royal Surrey Hospital for a double Hernia. Having never been in Hospital before I had mixed feelings and some reservation about how things would unfold. However since my first appointment, through to my operation last week and subsequent discharge I have nothing but praise for all those that I had the pleasure to meet and took care of me. There tends to be a certain stigma attached to the NHS which I find completely unfounded, it is unfortunate that in all sectors of the community bad news makes headlines, I believe it is time we start to commend those that do such sterling work within the NHS, who show such patience, empathy, and understanding day in day out. I for one am very proud and grateful for our NHS, and strongly feel those who work within it should be rewarded accordingly.

Response from Robyn Jarrett, Head of Communications and Marketing, Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Best wishes